(written from a Production point of view)
|Author(s):||Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore|
|Series:||Star Trek: Vanguard|
|Published:||27 September 2011|
|Reference(s):||ISBN 1451608632 (paperback)|
ISBN 9781451608649 (eBook)
ASIN B004QWZ5P8 (Kindle)
What Judgments Come is the seventh release in the Star Trek: Vanguard series. Written by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore, the novel – which forms the first part of a two-part conclusion to the Vanguard series – was released in September 2011.
- From the book jacket
- Operation Vanguard has risked countless lives and sacrificed entire worlds to unlock the secrets of the Shedai, an extinct alien civilization whose technology can shape the future of the galaxy. Now, Starfleet's efforts have roused the vengeful Shedai from their aeons of slumber. As the Taurus Reach erupts with violence, hundreds of light years away, on "The Planet of Galactic Peace," Ambassador Jetanien and his counterparts from the Klingon and Romulan empires struggle to avert war by any means necessary. But Jetanien discovers their mission may have been designed to fail all along... Meanwhile, living in exile on an Orion ship is the one man who can help Starfleet find an ancient weapon that can stop the Shedai: Vanguard's former commanding officer, Diego Reyes.
- THE END OF THE EPIC SAGA BEGINS
Background information Edit
- The novel was announced in Star Trek Magazine issue 154, without a title and was originally scheduled for release in December 2011. The title was revealed by Ward in February 2011.
- Before the official title was released, Ward had referred to this volume as The Taurus Key: A Crystalline Fairy Tale, Founded Upon The Mysteries of the Shedai and the Oppression of Their Servants. It Was Written for Kollotuul, But Others Should Read It, based on a comment by Steve Mollmann.   This "working title" was a play on the title of a 1901 novel by The Wizard of Oz creator L. Frank Baum entitled The Master Key, An Electrical Fairy Tale, Founded Upon the Mysteries of Electricity And The Optimism Of Its Devotees. It Was Written For Boys, But Others May Read It. (citation needed • edit)
- The story for this novel, and the following release, was derived jointly by Ward, Dilmore, and David Mack. 
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Declassified||Star Trek: Vanguard||Storming Heaven|