what? hey, wait a sec, i barely created an account and i'm already blocked? what is this?
- You were blocked for impersonating another user... again. --From Andoria with Love 17:12, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
Copyrighted images Edit
Please stop uploading images taken from Startrek.com. We are not allowed to use those images here and they will be deleted shortly. Thanks! --Jörg 11:18, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
- how did you come to the conclusion there are taken from there? they could be mere screencaps. Thylek Shran 11:20, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
Just by ckecking the relevant episode pages on startrek.com. --Jörg 11:20, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
- yeah, well, can they be used on user pages if not in articles? Thylek Shran 11:22, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
Nope, they cannot be used here at all. Also, images only uploaded for usage on a userpage are not permitted as well. If you want to upload images from those DS9 episodes, you'd have to upload actual screencaps. --Jörg 11:26, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
just delet'em then. --Thylek Shran 11:28, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
Image Sizes and Repeated EditsEdit
Related to the above, but with "acceptable" images, please make sure that when you are adding an image, you do not add a "px" size listing to the image at all, unless on a "list of" type page (those should be "150px"). Thumbnail images are automatically sized based on user preferences (under "Files").
Secondly, when editing a page, please make sure that you use the Show Preview button when making changes, rather than saving the page to see your changes. We all save the page and have to re-edit it once in a while, but you should try to avoid doing this on a regular basis as it puts an extra, unneccessary load on the db.
Thanks a bunch! -- Sulfur 13:45, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
- hmm, is your db that frail?--18.104.22.168 15:51, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
- It has nothing to do with frailty. The keyword in Sulfur's comment was unneccessary. It's also downright annoying. --From Andoria with Love 16:51, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
"Your user name or IP address has currently been blocked from making edits to the Memory Alpha database.
Blocked by: Shran Reason: repeated threats and harassment using other IPs; most recent was 22.214.171.124 "
marvelous. probably just a stupid attempt to prevent usage of this user name. what can I say? merely pathetic. Thylek Shran 16:30, 24 October 2006 (UTC)