If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
Status of the UK Edit
You brought up a very good point on Talk:United Kingdom, and I changed the page accordingly as I don't think there was any evidence stating it was part of the EU -- whoops, I mean EA. ;) I think that assumption was made on the basis of a region rather than a political unit, similar to stating at times that things were in "North America" rather than "the USA" or "America". Anyway, welcome to MA! --Broik 02:45, 27 Dec 2005 (UTC)
User page Edit
So you don't wonder what happened, Memory Alpha policy is that, once a user's name appears on Special:Wantedpages (which is compiled automatically from red [broken] links), an admin may create the user's page as a redirect to the user's talk page. Your name only appeared on the list because you signed multiple talk pages without having a user page, and it's nothing to worry about - just one of those technical issues. Anyway, your user page is now a redirect to your talk page; if you want to put some content there, click here to edit your user page. This isn't required however so feel free to leave it as a redirect if you'd like.
That's a lot of text for such a simple matter, sorry. :P If you were fond of having your name appear in red, no worries. See the instructions on Zsingaya's page to find out how you can make your signature red, green, purple, or whatever you prefer. It's also helpful if you want to customize your signature further. Feel free to ask on my talk page if you have any questions. --Vedek Dukat Talk | Duty Roster 08:21, 28 Dec 2005 (UTC)
Please take a moment to read the image use policy. All images uploaded to MA need a proper image licensing template as well as citations. Images without an image licensing template or citation will be removed from articles and are subject to deletion. If you have any questions about how to add the requirements or why this needs to be done, feel free to ask.31dot (talk) 22:12, October 8, 2012 (UTC)