If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the canon policy, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
Your DVD collectionEdit
Greetings! I noticed your DVD collection image, nice picture! If you are able to acquire DS9 Season 7 and the Voyager collection, we could put an image of the collection on our main DVD page. :) - Adm. Enzo Aquarius...I'm listening 23:20, 12 May 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking about doing something like that, just wasn't sure what others would think. Besides, it may be best to wait when I have Voyager, Enterprise and the SE's so that it looks more complete. Hopefully I'll also have DS9 Season 7 soon, I have it on order, but it hasn't been easy getting it ever since those slimpack versions came out. -StalwartUK 07:12, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
Please note that month links (such as January) are in-universe links, and as such, should never be linked from realworld pages. The links on the Betamax page should link to the actual month of release. One method would be to do things as October, but it should never be simply October. -- sulfur (talk) 10:54, April 3, 2013 (UTC)
- If that's the case then all the other video pages need to be changed too. I was just putting it down the way the LaserDisc/DVD/Blu-ray pages have been done. StalwartUK 18:16, April 3, 2013 (UTC)
Ayup, looks like they do. I'd suggest that we change them to link to the month/year with a pipe to the month name, such as: [[October 1980|October]]. Thoughts? -- sulfur (talk) 18:19, April 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Good enough for me. StalwartUK 18:23, April 3, 2013 (UTC)