If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights, and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
- Please do not simply copy articles from wikipedia. We are a seperate entity, and copying them is plagarism. Jaz 19:06, 3 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- To clarify Mr. Jaz's outburst, please read our copyrights policy, and note that copying from other sources, websites, etc...including Wikipedia is considered a copyright violation on Memory Alpha. Our goal here is to contribute your own original content, not someone elses. --Alan del Beccio 19:13, 3 Jan 2006 (UTC)
Valiant vs Valiant
The season 6 episode was in italics since it refers to the ship's name from said episode, and the typical style is to italicize those names (such as TOS: "The Enterprise Incident"). -- Sulfur 13:24, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- Note that this is no longer the style. Heh. -- Sulfur 03:35, 25 March 2008 (UTC)