If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the canon policy, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
Template:User and other peoples' user pages
Your new template, while nice and all, doesn't exactly fit into the way things actually work around here with user pages. Generally, unless they actually show up high on the wanted list (ie, more than 6-7 links to it), we leave it uncreated unless the user wishes to create it themselves.
Tied in with that, by going around and plastering it on various user pages that don't actually have any links to them, people might get a wee bit peeved at that action and not take it too well, especially when those are your only contributions to date... -- Sulfur 00:21, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- Alright thats fine. Delete it then, or have an admin delete it and I'll remove it from those users pages. I personally don't like red links showing up in recent changes, cuz they annoy me, but thats just me, and I'm not planning on doing a whole lot of contributing here. Pinky49