If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the canon policy, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
Thanks for the compliment, but it was really Scimitar who started the templates a week or so ago. He just did the main ones (Constitution, Excelsior, Defiant), and he did the StarshipEnterprise and so templates. He must have lost interest or something, but I decided to finish off all classes with 3 or more ships.--Tim Thomason 04:01, 10 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for the comment, but I only wanted to start the article. I don't know if everything I wrote is accurate and use a little subjectivity to encourage people with more knowledge than me on the subject to modify the article (probably some info will be more accurate on the talk page as the article grows). Rcog 04:50, 10 Sep 2005 (UTC)
Inquisition summary Edit
Thanks for helping get it from bullets to prose. I originally put that skeleton down with the intention of coming back later to fix it - that's the beauty of Wikis though! It'll get there eventually. Sloan 06:20, 31 Oct 2005 (UTC)