If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes ([[User:Cid Highwind|Cid Highwind]] 12:15, 8 Aug 2005 (UTC)) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in our Ten Forward community page. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Alpha!
And thank you for taking care of some spelling errors around Memory Alpha, your contributions is truly appreciated. - AJHalliwell 12:09, 8 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah, welcome and thanks. A small note, however: for spelling errors, we have the page Memory Alpha:List of common misspellings to list possible spelling errors and Special:Maintenance to find them. Creating redirects is not the preferred way to handle these errors. -- Cid Highwind 12:15, 8 Aug 2005 (UTC)