If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in our Ten Forward community page. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Alpha!
Deleted images Edit
Please stop trying to add File:riker1.jpg to the William T. Riker article. The image has been deleted, so adding it only creates a red link. Thanks, and welcome again to MA. --OuroborosCobra talk 17:04, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- Your image was deleted because using it on MA would constitute a copyright violation. Please stop trying to add it to our articles by any method, be it upload, or direct linking to an offsite server. Having it on MA in any form constitutes a copyright violation. Should you continue trying to add the image, the William T. Riker article will be protected from further editing. --OuroborosCobra talk 17:58, 5 October 2007 (UTC)