Welcome to Memory Alpha, Darth Duranium! I've noticed that you've already made some contributions to our database – thanks for your edit to the Konami page! We all hope that you'll enjoy our activities here and decide to join our community.
If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Alpha, I have a few links that you might want to check out:
- Our policies and guidelines provides links to inform you on what is appropriate for Memory Alpha and what is not. Particular items of note are the content and resource policies, the editing guidelines, our point of view, copyrights and guidelines for proper etiquette.
- How to edit a page includes a basic tutorial about how to use our special wikitext code here on Memory Alpha.
- Naming conventions provides guidelines on how to name a new page that you may want to create.
- The Manual of Style is an overview of the basic guidelines for how to format and style your articles.
- How to write a great article is a list of suggestions that can help you put together an article that might end up on our Featured Articles list someday.
- See the user projects page for current projects of our archivists, or help us to reduce the number of stubs.
- Look up past changes you have made in your contributions log.
- Keep track of your favorite Memory Alpha articles through your very own watchlist.
- Create your own user page and be contacted on this page, your talk page.
One other suggestion: if you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
- The above named user is the most currently available administrator to contribute to Memory Alpha; their signature was automatically added by User:Wikia. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, you may contact that user through their talk page.
Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection Edit
I was wondering if the last edit I made can meet with your approval...I think adding the magazine contents adds to the overall usefulness of the article...As you can see it doesn't require very much adjustment...But, since this article is very much your baby, I've limited it for now to the "Special issues" section, awaiting your verdict...Regards--Sennim (talk) 02:09, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey Sennim,
- Cheers for the heads up, much appreciated. I've already corrected the 3-nacelled Ent-D paragraph to reflect the Shadyprise's (unofficial name for the unofficial Ent-D) shady heritage. Please note I already have a shot of it in the Gallery. Maybe we can find a sharper comparison photo, I may have one on my HD somewhere. I'll see what I can dig up. :)
- I'm totally cool with the contents of the mags being added to the page (perhaps without the "Contents pg 2" and actual page numbers?) if someone wants to add the info to all of the issues. I can't contribute to that 'cuz I give my mags away to a pal in NZ! Anyhoo, lemme know what you think and we'll roll from there. :)
- Quick question for you: Is there any way to get the page to display the thumbnail pics of the LATEST version of the photos? I often see that the thumbs show older versions of the pics. Cheers, mate. Darth Duranium (talk) 19:44, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Darth, Thanks for the reply. Yeah sorry, for the quality of the photo, I myself took the photo of my models, and I don't have a better camera. I'll see if I can take a better one in broad daylight, to at least get rid of the glare, which brings me right away to your question. The latest pic will be shown eventually, but I've noticed that sometimes it does take a couple of days before it has "settled" for want of a better word. I don't know why this is, since at other times a replacement loads directly, perhaps it has something to do with server load or with the size of a replacement, but ultimately it will be shown, just a matter of patience. Great, I've just received my first lot of 20 (cost me a arm and a leg, but I can not take out a subscription here in my stumping grounds, Holland, so I'm stuck with the expensive option, eBay) and I will over time add the content, thanks for the permit...I think though that "contents and page numbering" should be included, as it is in line with the style used elsewhere for print publications such as The Making of Star Trek: The Motion Picture or the mag Cinefantastique. Including page count for example informs the reader, where exactly specific info can be found, and that while the structure of the mag contents remains largely the same, that the size of the chapters may differ so a researcher might decide for himself if it is worthwhile to go after some info...This may sound trivial to you, but as you might know, I'm a largely bginfo editor and do a lot of literature research on my production pieces for MA and for people like me, it can be useful. But like I said, this piece is largely your baby, so if you are not fine with it, I'll abide. Have a nice one --Sennim (talk) 09:26, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Cheers for your reply, Sennim. Yeah, it's weird how the photos take a while to update, sometimes it seems to revert to earlier shots rather than show the new ones. I dunno why, either... hopefully it'll eventually show the new ones. Ah, I now see that "Contents" and page numbers are correct in style as you say, please go ahead as you see fit. Sorry to hear that you have to go through eBay to get your issues, I get mine through comic shops here in Canada; they're on the US schedule (a couple of months behind the UK) but that's better than the Canadian subs which are 6+ months behind the US subs. Hope that Holland gets subs soon, Germany begins in January. A French pal of mine gets his models in France but they sell them without magazines, I'm told. OK mate, I'll now add the scaling info that my Belgian pal Dennis provides. It's truly an international effort! Darth Duranium (talk) 14:39, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
Great, I'll start when I get back from holidays; Very unlikely Holland will get subs, too small a language area, still, I prefer my Star Trek readings in English, I've always associated SF with that language...Have a nice one!--Sennim (talk) 06:57, September 28, 2014 (UTC)