Hello, I am Skon. I am particularly interested in Memory Alpha subjects having to do with
- All things Vulcan
- Science, esp. Astronomy
- Starship design and technology
These articles have been started by me:
The third entry of the above list demonstrates that self-reference needn't necessarily lead to paradox.
Here is how I rate the five manifestations of Trek on TV. The rating is based on a combination of two values: How much I enjoyed the series and how much Roddenberry Star Trek spirit it featured. (10=best,0=worst)
VOY has actually more Trek spirit than DS9 in my view, but I really disliked the show.
Rating the motion pictures is more difficult for me. I think that all movies except TMP (and maybe TWOK) did not live up to the quality of Trek on TV. There were too many plot holes, severe logical flaws, discontinuities and far-fetched ideas (even for SF). So I rate the movies by lowered standards. Only TMP really convinced me. Perhaps that's due to the fact that much of the preproduction work for the cancelled TV show Star Trek: Phase II went into that movie. (TWOK carried over much of the original feel of the original TV show, too). Therefore, my rating is simply based on a comparison with TMP, which gets the optimum of 10.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (10)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (9)
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (7)
- Star Trek Generations (6.5)
- Star Trek: Insurrection (6)
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (5)
- Star Trek: First Contact (4)
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (3)
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (2)
- Star Trek Nemesis (0)
Most attractive women in the Star Trek universeEdit
Favorite Starship designsEdit
- Constitution-class (original configuration)
- Klingon D-7 class
- Vulcan Suurok class
- Ferengi marauder
- Romulan D'deridex-class
- Sovereign class
- TNG: "The Best of Both Worlds" 1&2
- TOS: "The Doomsday Machine"
- ENT: Kir'Shara Trilogy ("The Forge", "Kir'Shara", "Awakening")
- TOS: "Amok Time"
- TNG: "The Arsenal of Freedom"
- TNG: "11001001"
- TOS: "Obsession"
- TNG: "Redemption" 1&2
- VOY: "Year of Hell" 1&2
- DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight"
- ENT: "These Are the Voyages..."
- TNG: "Phantasms"
- TNG: "Sub Rosa"
- TNG: "Masks"
- TOS: "The Alternative Factor"
- TOS: "Catspaw"
- TNG: "The Loss"
- TNG: "Cost of Living"
- VOY: about 75% of the shows
- ENT: "Storm Front"
Interestingly, DS9 made only one entry in the Top Ten, but on the other hand, the show has no entry in the Flop Ten.
In real life I am a researcher in logic and philosophical foundations of mathematics.
Star Trek is the only one of my SF hobbies which motivates me to participate in projects such as Memory Alpha, but I also love
- Babylon 5
- Star Wars
- Doctor Who
- The X-Files
Other pastime interests of mine include
- Ancient Greek culture & science
- The Game of Go
- Actual Astronomy and Space Exploration
- 1950's Rock'n'Roll and Rockabilly music
Dif-tor heh smusma