- "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." (TNG: "The Drumhead")
Hello, and welcome to my user page.If you have any questions or comments, please leave them on my talk page.
|Affiliation:||United Federation of Planets|
|Member Since:||February 23 (2009)|
|Number of edits:||978|
I've been around since 2009, (a lurker for a couple years prior) and actively started contributing in January 2014.
I enjoy fixing things which are usually clean-up related such as typos and tense problems, reference and citation fixes, removing eternal links from article bodies, formatting issues, image licenses, and red-link fix.
I consider myself a nerd in multiple areas of science, both the research and tinkering aspects including the teaching of others. I have eclectic interests in other areas as well. I have a special interest in Technology, Cultures, Costumes, 'Extra' Characters, Languages and Star Trek 'History'. As an academic, I can be a bit pedantic when it comes to presentation style and usefulness/accessibility of factual content.
I was first introduced to Memory Alpha after acquiring a copy of both the Star Trek Encyclopedia and Star Trek: The Visual Dictionary. Intrigued and teased by the descriptions of Star Trek lore I came to the web in search for detailed information. Shortly after, I had read the companion article for all of the objects and technologies featured in both published works.
|Memory Alpha: Babel|
|Search user languages|
I have an interest in linguistics, specifically the study of how different approaches to discourse analysis affect the forensic capacity of evidence.
- Favourite Class of Ships: Defiant - Constitution - Miranda
- Favourite TOS Episode: TOS: "The Corbomite Maneuver"
- Favourite TNG Episode: TNG: "Lower Decks"
- Favourite DS9 Episode: DS9: "The Nagus"
- Favourite VOY Episode: VOY: "Year of Hell" / VOY: "Year of Hell, Part II"
- Favourite ENT Episode: ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly" / ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II"
- Favourite Movie: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
| "Captain Bateson... do you know what year it is?"|
Captain Morgan Bateson and the crew of the USS Bozeman are flung ninety years into the future by a temporal causality loop. (TNG: "Cause and Effect")
Editing Memory AlphaEdit
|Basic information||About the encyclopedia||Writing articles||Works in progress|