I guess I became a Trekkie after seeing Star Trek, although I did like TOS and TNG as a kid. I help maintain articles related to the Alternate reality and adding pictures from the movie thanks to excellent online galleries from Trekcore and Trekcaps.
Also, we only get a canonical addition every four years now, is there any reason to consider all the non-contradictory novels and comics non-canon? Although it would be irritating if something like George Kirk's death in the prime timeline was overruled all over again.
- TNG reboot
- My dream is we eventually get a TNG movie with Q and the Borg as the villains. In my mind Picard would be a misanthrope who lost the Stargazer to the Borg, and whose perception of the universe is coloured by the random and senseless destruction of his ship, the Kelvin and Vulcan. He'd thought he'd retire standing by on the glorified hotel/ambassadorial retreat of a new Enterprise...
- But like George Taylor, this cynic finds himself mankind's defender to an omnipotent troll who'd sit by and watch the galaxy become enslaved by the threat that took out the Stargazer.
- Picard's crew will help him rediscover optimism and the joy of being in the ST universe despite all the dangers of it, and find it within himself to point out life's worth to Q. Hope is not about burying your head to horror, but defying it and moving on.
- Prime or alternate reality
- The next ST TV series should be ambigious initially and focus on new adventures before delving into lore and having to disclose which Vulcanoid world was obliterated. Eventually a crossover episode would update us on what's happening in the other timeline.
- Alternatively, it's set in a tertiary reality and an episode reveals TOS, the movies, TNG/DS9/VOY and ENT took place in separate timelines too. ("And there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.")
Why TBBT cast can't cameo in STEdit
"Why, that crewmember looked remarkably look me, I shall look him up. 'James Joseph Jim Parsons (born March 24, 1973) is an American television and film actor. He is best known for playing Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory... Sheldon Lee Cooper, B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D. is a fictional character on the CBS television series The Big Bang Theory...' But that's me! Leonard!"