(written from a Production point of view)
Numerous undeveloped Star Trek episodes were written for various Star Trek series that were submitted or developed for production, but for various reasons never aired, as was the case with several other undeveloped Star Trek projects.
Star Trek is..., the very first series outline, listed a number of short ideas for episodes, some of which were later worked out. David Gerrold presents his case of failed story, outline or script submittals during his early attempts to write for Star Trek: The Original Series. These outlines were later presented in his book The Trouble with Tribbles.
James Van Hise further explored in his book, Trek: The Unauthorized Behind-The-Scenes Story of The Next Generation, several other unfilmed or unproduced episodes written for Star Trek: The Next Generation, most notably the controversial episode, written by Gerrold, entitled "Blood and Fire".
- Undeveloped Star Trek: The Original Series episodes
- Undeveloped Star Trek: The Animated Series episodes
- Undeveloped Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes
- Undeveloped Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes
- Undeveloped Star Trek: Voyager episodes
- Undeveloped Star Trek: Enterprise episodes