(written from a Production point of view)
|Artist(s):||Gordon Purcell and Arne Starr|
|Series:||DC TOS volume 2 #12|
Verdict. (The Trial of James T. Kirk, Part 3 of 3)
During Kirk's hearing, the Salla of Nasgul continues to scheme. The Klingon Emperor, Commander Maltz, and Blaise all testify during the hearing. Blaise and Kirk get into an argument, and Kirk realizes that Salla has vanished. Scotty spots an impending explosion and this allows Kirk to save the Emperor's life. All of the charges against Kirk are duly dropped, and the Enterprise is allow to return to active duty, but the Klingons still have a spy placed high in the ranks of Starfleet.
- This was reprinted in The Best of Star Trek collection.
- Based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Writer: Peter David
- Editor: Robert Greenberger
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TOS volume 2 characters.
Regular and recurring charactersEdit
- Samuel T. Cogsley
- Lawyer who had previously defended Kirk in a court martial at Starbase 11. In TOS: "Court Martial", the name was Cogley.
- R.J. Blaise
- Protocol officer assigned as Kirk's (so-called) "watchdog".
- Areel Cogsley
- Lawyer formerly known as Areel Shaw.
- Repeatedly shouts "all hail the Salla".
- Kathy Li
- Enterprise-A relief navigator.
- Enterprise-A science officer.
- Klingon ambassador (see unnamed Klingon ambassador)
- Klingon diplomat assigned to the Federation Council.
- Karl Tomlinson
- Vice admiral.
- Klingon soldier.
- Vulcan ambassador.
- Montgomery Scott
- Enterprise-A chief engineer.
- The Salla.
- Security ensign.
- Heihachiro Nogura
- Starfleet commander in chief.
- Klingon emperor
- Klingon imperial guardsmen
- The Klingon ambassador's staff and guards.
- Nasgul attendants
- The Salla's staff and guards.
- Enterprise security guard
- Enterprise pilot
- Lieutenant junior grade.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#11: "... Let's Kill All the Lawyers!"||DC TOS volume 2||#13: "A Rude Awakening!"|