(written from a Production point of view)
The Post Group was founded as "Off-Line, Inc." in 1974 by Fred Rheinstein and had become "The Post Group" five year later. They were located on Homewood Avenue in Los Angeles and are currently owned by Matt Cooper. The company started with offline editing, but quickly expanded to include online editing, telecine, graphics, special effects, and audio.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, the company worked on Star Trek: The Next Generation and the first related film, Star Trek Generations. Other shows and films included Max Headroom, Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Titanic, Independence Day, and Apollo 13.
The following employees worked on Star Trek:
- Chris Alsop - CGI renderer
- Stan Kellam - Visual Effects Editor
- Peter Moyer - Visual Effects Editor
- Steve Price - Harry Artist
- Tony L. Torino - VFX Motion Control Director
- "The Special Effects", The Official Star Trek: The Next Generation Magazine Vol. 12, pp. 18-22, article by Michael McAvennie