(written from a Production point of view)
|Author(s):||Guy W. McLilmore, Jr., Greg K. Poehlein, and David F. Tepool with John M. Ford (1st edition)|
|Illustrator(s):||Mitch O'Connell (cover - 1st edition), Jeff Laubenstein (cover - 2nd edition), Todd F. Marsh, Mitch O'Connell, Jeff Laubenstein, and Dana Knutson|
|Editor(s):||Todd Huettel (2nd edition)|
|Series:||Star Trek: The Role-Playing Game|
|Production #:||2002 / 2002A|
|Published:||1984 (1st edition)|
June 1987 (2nd edition)
|Pages:|| 80 (1st edition)|
136 (2nd edition)
- From the cover
- "And though I had slain a thousand foes less one,
- The thousandth knife found my liver;
- The thousandth enemy said to me,
- 'Now you shall die,
- Now none shall know.'
- And the fool, looking down, believed this,
- Not seeing, above his shoulders, the naked stars,
- Each one remembering."
- It is an ancient Klingon belief – the naked stars remember acts of courage performed under them. Find out why in The Klingons.
- A must for players and gamemasters alike, this updated second edition contains two books. The Game Operations Manual presents the truth about the Klingon Empire for the gamemaster and Klingon player characters. Included are character generation rules, equipment guidelines, the Empire's political and economic structure, Klingon philosophy, and much, much more.
- The second book, the Star Fleet Intelligence Manual, includes all the information that Star Fleet knows about the Klingon Empire. Compiled from intelligence agents' reports, interrogation, and analysis of captured Klingon equipment, this manual is Star Fleet Intelligence Command's latest briefing on the Federation's most dangerous foe.
The two-volume guide introduced the Klingons as player characters. It relied heavily on the book The Final Reflection by John M. Ford. Because of this it has several inconsistencies with the culture we learned more about later on in the series. In it there were three types of Klingons: Imperial types who were the brand seen in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Human Fusions which were the type seen in the original series because of budget restrictions, and even Romulan Fusions.
- 1st Edition
- 2nd Edition
- Additional Writing: Donna Ippolito, Todd Huettel
- Continuity: Forest G. Brown, Clare W. Hess III, Josh W. Spencer
- Editor-in-Chief: L. Ross Babcock III
- Senior Editor: Donna Ippolito
- Production Manager: Jordan K. Weisman
- Art Director: Dana Knutson
- Layout and Typesetting: Tara Gallagher
- Pasteup: Todd F. Marsh and Dana Knutson