Did You Know?
This page lists Did You Know templates that are included on the portal pages – to edit one of the templates, use an "edit this entry" link. Please make sure...
- ...that each entry starts as if "Did you know " was at the beginning of the first sentence, and is formed as a question.
- ...that information presented here is also available in at least one of our articles and
- ...that this article is linked in the entry.
- ...that each template covers only one subject and
- ...that all entries for People, Society & Culture, Science, Technology, and the Alternate Reality are written from an in-universe POV, while the entries for Star Trek, TV & films, and Merchandise are written from a production POV.
| that James T. Kirk graduated from Starfleet Academy in only three years?
| that Sulu has hand-to-hand combat training, in the form of fencing?
| that at the age of 17, Chekov was assigned to the USS Enterprise as navigator?
| that Uhura was originally assigned to the USS Farragut before the USS Enterprise?
| that all Leonard McCoy's ex-wife left him in the divorce was his bones?
| that until the Battle of Earth, Scotty had never "beamed three people from two targets onto one pad before"?
| that the USS Kelvin was only 75,000 kilometers from the Federation-Klingon border when it encountered a black hole created in 2387 by the detonation of a red matter device?
| that the Dreadnought-class USS Vengeance was described as "twice the size, three times as fast" as the Constitution-class USS Enterprise?
| that coordinates 22.214.171.124 are not far from Earth, and are in fact near Io?
| that Carol Marcus had a doctorate in applied physics, specializing in advanced weaponry?
| that the name Section 31 comes from the original Starfleet Charter, namely Article 14, Section 31?