According to the LCARS display seen in the episode, the captain of the ship is Mary van de Ven and the registry is NCC-85343. The captain received a message (subject "Mission orders") from Vice Admiral Maxwell Headroom at Starfleet Mission Operations Division. Here's the part of the message that can be read:
"In particular, no mark 25 data may be transmitted by normal Subspace Com Net.
We have reason to believe that Ferengi agents may be operaring in this sector and that they understand the strategic importance of this unit. We therefore feel it crucial that all steps be taken to protect this information.
Transcript of Mission Order Edit
- Line 1: TO: CAPT. MARY VAN DE VEN
- Line 2: USS ELMER FUDD NCC-85343
- Line 3: (Space)
- Line 4: FROM: VICE ADMIRAL MAXWELL HEADROOM
- Line 5: STARFLEET MISSION OPERATIONS DIVISION
- Line 6: (Space)
- Line 7: MISSION ORDERS
- Line 8: (Space)
- Line 9: STARDATE: 41[...]
- Line 10: (Space)
- Line 11: [...]
- Line 12: (Space)
- Line 13: [...] REGARDING THE MARK 25 WARP SENSOR
- Line 14: [...] ARE CLASSIFIED MOST SECRET.
- Line 15: (Space)
- Line 16: IN PARTICULAR, NO MARK 25 DATA MAY BE TRANSMITTED BY NORMAL SUBSPACE COM NET.
- Line 17: (Space)
- Line 18: WE HAVE REASON TO SUSPECT THAT FERENGI AGENTS MAY BE OPERATING IN THIS SECTOR, AND THAT THEY
- Line 19: UNDERSTAND THE STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF THIS UNIT. WE THEREFORE FEEL IT CRITICAL THAT ALL STEPS
- Line 20: BE TAKEN TO PROTECT THIS INFORMATION.
- Line 21: (Space)
- Line 22: YOU WILL BE ADVISED AS TO THE PROPER MEANS OF RETURNING THIS INFORMATION TO ADVANCED TECH
- Line 23: DIVISION.