- MA files from this episode
- Template:Titles/The Darkness and the Light yields The Darkness and the Light (DS9 5x11)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the DS9 forum at The Trek BBS.
Rules of AcquisitionEdit
- Worf tells Jadzia that he knows the Rules of Acquisition because he is a Starfleet Academy graduate. However, first contact between the Federation and the Ferengi occurred seven years after he graduated, in 2364. Worf should know because he was on that mission in TNG: "The Last Outpost".
I don't think Worf was saying he learned the Rules at the Academy. He was probably saying that as he was a graduate of Starfleet Academy he had the intuition to learn them. Excelsior 15:36, 18 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- "I am a Starfleet Academy graduate. I know many things." The full quotation lends itself to the above opinion, that he has the intuition to pick things up. Larus 17:51, 15 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Astronomical phemomena namesEdit
- Several names of people and astronomical locations can be seen on a viewscreen, namely a "Suspect cross reference - Shakaar Resistance" when Kira breaks into Odo's office to find out, who might be suspects. --Jörg 11:27, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
After the explosion in the quarters of O'Brien, Odo said "Where's Kira?" Then we cut to scene 36 in the interior of the habitat ring. Before Kira appears, we see a non descript supernumerary heading away. She looks like Nicole de Boer, who played Ezri Dax. This is about 35 minutes in to the episode if watched on TV (which is 60 minutes, with commercials interspersed). Can someone confirm or deny this? --Htam 20:02, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- Watched it. It's an ensign in sciences blue, but not Ezri Dax. --Jörg 08:58, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- I thought I'd recognize her, too. She looked very Ezri to me. [sts] – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
Suspect list Edit
Here's the suspect list seen very briefly in the episode, including many well known names. I added those names to a new subsection on the episode page, "Additional References". --Jörg 13:15, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
Due to a uniform production error, Captain Sisko's Comm-badge appears too high on his uniform this season, beginning with the previous episode. This episode, in some scenes his comm-badge appears too high, above the gray area.Joeloveland 14:11, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
From what I remember in "Duet", Kira said she started fighting at 12, in this episode they said 13; additionally, the statement that Kira said to Prinn differed from her statements to Darheel in "Duet".
In "Duet" she effectively said she wasn't proud of all the things that she had to do and when pressed said "We were fighting for our survival!". In this one her position was more aggressive "You were all legitimate targets" basically whether they were shop-keepers, tailors, or soldiers. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
- None of those are necessarily contradictions; maybe Kira was estimating about her age, and one can not be proud of what they do and still see it as a legitimate target. Per the nitpick policy we generally do not note alleged contradictions. 31dot (talk) 11:17, August 31, 2013 (UTC)
She said there were people younger than her who were fighting with the resistance firstly, secondly her mentality was more aggressive than in the earlier DS9 episode and Darheel was a person I'd imagine would provoke a more aggressive emotion than this guy. Regardless I apologize for the nitpick... 184.108.40.206 07:18, September 1, 2013 (UTC)