For general discussion on this episode, visit the TNG forum at The Trek BBS.
What was that phrase Nu'Daq always used when he was pissed? Something along the lines of... "You stupid topah!" or something like that. He said it twice and in adjacent scenes, so I figured it was the doing of a lazy writer or the writer was trying to show the lack of vocabulary some Klingons have, or perhaps it's due to an error in the universal translator... --Madame Arsenic 10:17, 3 Dec 2005 (UTC)
I belive that it was "You dishonorable to'pah" Mainphramephreak 11:12, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
Just curious, has anyone ever thought of the explanation as to why the ship attacking Galen's shuttle exploded? Worf claimed the phaser blast was not powerful enough to destroy them, yet this question remains unanswered. I keep expecting to hear the Romulans, who were watching under cloak, take credit for the ships destruction, but they never do (besides, they couldn't fire while cloaked anyway...)
Female Cardassian Edit
As far as I know this episode marks the very first appearance of a female Cardassian in Star Trek (TNG/DS9/VOY). Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, it was the only appearance of a Cardassian female on TNG. Also, I can't remember ever having seen another Cardassian female who was part of the Cardassian military, namely with a rank of a Gul. If anyone could acknowledge that I'd be happy to include this information in the Background paragraph. Vren Lyet
- The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion calls Ocett the first female Cardassian seen. However, a handful of episodes earlier in "Chain of Command, Part II", Jil Orra, daughter of Gul Madred appears. – Cleanse 04:15, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- I also noticed that she was wearing makeup (the "spoon" on her forehead was blue as if it had eye shadow on it) I don't remember any other Cardassian women doing this. - 28 July 2008
- @Cleanse: You're absolutely right! This is a fact well worth of being part of the background section of the article. Please be so kind to add it. Vren Lyet 16:33, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- Added. ;-) For the record, I say "several sources" because it's also stated in Captains' Logs: The Unauthorized Complete Trek Voyages.– Cleanse 05:27, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
The Founders Edit
- It's the same actress (Salome Jens) but not the same character or species. 31dot (talk) 22:14, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
directed panspermia Edit
given roddenbury's views on religion am I the only one to find it amusing next generation had a creationism episode?