Mechanics of telepathy?Edit
I've heard how telepathy in ST works, but what I don't get is how it works over subspace channels, or why it couldn't just be 'muted' to prevent Troi from telling Picard yet again that somebody "is hiding something" – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
Betazoid Send and Receive non-Betazoid Thoughts?Edit
I am currently fleshing out the article on the episode "Tin Man" and in it, Tam Elbrun sends the thoughts of danger and a warning to Gomtuu, so does this contradict the claim from "Encounter at Farpoint" that Betazoids can only receive, not send, thoughts to non-betazoid aliens? Lestatdelc 08:36, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. Surely we have seen examples of communication between Deanna and other species telepathically. What about those aliens that kept telling her "one moon circles"? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
- Rather, I believe she just received thoughts from those aliens. Now, she managed to convey a message to them, but that could have been read from her mind by the aliens. --Fraek 21:00, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- Quite true, but could it perhaps be that Riker was so tuned into her feelings that she could transmit her thoughts to him? Humans can develop telepathic abilities, after all. --Fraek 22:56, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
- Usually the telepathy of these half-breeds, without extensive training, is limited to communication with other empaths or telepaths and full telepathic contact with emotionally very close persons (Imzadi).
- I guess we have our answer!--Fraek 22:09, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
Misplaced attribution Edit
You put the attribution for the Charlie Evens reference to "Where No Man Has Gone Before". I believe it should be moved a few sentences to where you are discussing Gary Mitchell at the galactic barrier. Then attribute Charlie Evans the "Charlie X" TOS episode. Salud!--Marianware 23:30, 12 October 2008 (UTC)