I believe synthale is not a Bajoran specific drink. It appears in various episodes of TNG and VOY.
Syntetic Ale -> Synthale. Get it?
- A good point, though synthale has been stated as a Bajoran drink, while Synthehol appears to have been invented by the Ferengi. Thus, despite similar wording, they look like they're different. - Enzo Aquarius 13:52, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
They aren't. Synthale is common to many worlds. Did you bother to check the example with the telluridians? It's in episode 4x06 TNG. Synthale isn't specific only to bajorans.
- Rather, let me restate my wording. Synthale was 'created' by the Bajorans while Synthehol appears to have been 'created' by the Ferengi. Hence, they are most likely two different drinks. Also, make sure to sign your comments with 4 tildes (~~~~), thanks :) - Enzo Aquarius 14:17, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
Now, where does it say Synthetic Ale (Synthale) was created by bajorans?
- No, synthale wasn't invented by the Bajorans. The whole quote from the episode goes like this:
- QUARK: "What'll you have, Commander?"
- SISKO: "How's the local synthale?"
- QUARK: "You won't like it. I love the Bajorans... such a deeply spiritual culture ... but they make a dreadful ale. Don't ever trust an ale from a god fearing people."
- Makes it pretty clear that synthale is made by many cultures, and the Bajoran one is not too good it seems. Also makes it clear that synthale IS an ale. And as the anon user said, there's also Telluridan synthale. Similar to this nomenclature, Quark speaks of Bajoran synthale in "The Storyteller" when he is serving it to Bajorans, there would be no need to tell Bajorans that "their" drink is Bajoran. --Jörg 10:21, 1 January 2007 (UTC)
Of course I was right. As for Cobra, he should really try to use his brain a little before posting. Or maybe trolls don't have such a thing?
- You have been warned in the past about making personal attacks. Admins here WILL block you from editing should you continue to make them. As for the quote, I interpret it differently. I personally found the name of the drink to establish it to be an ale. I felt that Quark was saying that this particular ale (known as synthale) was a Bajoran creation. It is called a different interpretation, not trolling. Now, I am willing to go with community consensus on this, and not have it be a Bajoran invention, but I will be reporting you to an admin. --OuroborosCobra talk 13:42, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
uuuh, I'm so scared... trollboy.