- Operations division
- Ops uniforms were a warm shade of red in most variations, although it has been noted that some personnel wore beige uniforms reminiscent of earlier styles
- At least two "modern" (black-collared) beige uniforms were seen in this era, suggesting a possible variant.
I thnk this article actually needs a lot more references. I don't think every uniform mentioned was seen in every episode. So, perhaps putting an episode reference at the end of each uniform type would work? Since it's been a while since I've seen TOS, I can't do it.--Lifeisharsh20 22:47, 18 January 2007 (UTC)lifeisharsh20
I'm a bit colorblind, so can someone confirm what's goin on with jumpsuit colors? I found 3 examples from post-pilot TOS:
1 is obviously a science division jumpsuit, and an example of division-colored jumpsuits. 2 doesn't seem like a division jumpsuit. It looks like the same kind of garment Connors is wearing in 3, and therefore looks like a 'generic' jumpsuit alternative. It's some murky color that could be either brown or green to my disfunctional eyes. -- Harry talk 15:14, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- Its a yellowish green to me. Since yellow and green in other uniforms distinguish command division, and the other jumpsuits each correspond to a division (blue-sci, red-ops) seems to me this isn't generic, but a command division uniform.
- Especially when you consider how much more yellow it looks in this screencap -- Captain M.K.B. 18:48, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
Where do we see the assignment patch with the little red cross used? I've never seen that one before. Federation 08:37, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
- Nurse Christine Chapel wears it in all of her TOS appearances, for example. --Jörg 08:44, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
- Except in some appearances she wears a patch with a different "pointed" cross, and sometimes her cross is sewn over another insignia. -- Captain MKB 15:33, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
Would his three-armed uniform count as a variant that should be noted? Or not? --Golden Monkey 16:27, December 20, 2009 (UTC)
There are other uniforms seen in the original series not mentioned in this article. For instance what about the field jackets worn on Talos IV in The Cage/The Managerie, as well as the dress jacket worn over gold tunic by the Starfleet officer in the Orion Slave girl dance scene of the same episode? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).