I'm submitting to you the proposition of splitting off the section "Gaming Miniatures" into a new article of let's say "Fasa's gaming miniatures"
The reasons why I propose this are as follows:
- When editing this article a warning is issued:"WARNING: This page is 30 kilobytes long; some browsers may have problems editing pages approaching or longer than 32kb. Please consider breaking the page into smaller sections."
- The section is almost as long as the whole article and is in fact construed as an article in itself.
- As I've stated in the entry itself, the miniatures have become collectibles in their own right, fetching prices on eBay (if one were to follow this for a considerable time) not related to other FASA products.
I would like to hear the opinions of others on this subject--Sennim 20:08, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know much about these materials, so feel free to ignore me :) but if they were seperate components of a game, not sold with it or required, then I don't see why there couldn't be a seperate article.--31dot 20:35, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
- The articles should be separate. Perhaps "Star Trek: The Role Playing Game miniatures" since they are related and part of the same stuff? -- sulfur 21:13, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
31dot nailed it right to the bone; the items were sold separately and were not part of any of FASA's games, and Sulfur touched upon the issue that though there are many Gaming miniatures (released by several manufactures) , these, in this article are constricted to the ones released by, or closely related to, FASA. For all intents and purposes, I was not happy with the title "Star Trek: The Role Playing Game", since it did not specify which producer it originated from (in this case:Fasa), and as a matter of fact I'd like to propose apart from splitting off the aforementioned section, to rename this article "FASA: Star Trek The Role Playing Game" to differentiate between the several such games. --Sennim 21:57, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
- The LUG and Decipher versions were called "Star Trek: Roleplaying Game", this had a "The" in the name. Now, would a disambig page be a good idea for all of these? Yes. Would putting "FASA" in the title of this one like you suggested? No. -- sulfur 01:50, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
The disambig option would work for me--Sennim 15:29, September 24, 2010 (UTC)