- Deletion rationale
According to the talk page, has not been mentioned as such in the only episode that links to it (that link should then be removed). Was created because a disambiguation link at "Scientific Method" exists, which should also be removed if disambiguation is not necessary in the first place. -- Cid Highwind 17:31, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
Deleteand clean up after it. -- Sulfur 17:37, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
Delete. Used on screen but never referred to by name that I know of. --Vedek Dukat 18:12, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- Keep: Because I love funny little-stub things.--Tim Thomason 22:52, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- Keep. It was referenced. I missed it in my skim of the episode in question. -- Sulfur 23:15, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- Admin resolution
- Kept. It was referenced. -- Sulfur 23:15, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
There's a reference in the "Home Soil" episode's references list, but I don't recall any mention of the actual "scientific method" in the episode. Indeed, the only mentions of the word "method" in the episode were as follows:
- "Data — any analysis of those bolts of light they emit?"
- "That seems to be their method of reprogramming, Captain. Each bolt of light consists of negatively and positively charged ions. A series of program instructions as it were."
- - Picard and Data, discussing the light bolts.
- "Have we disabled the Medical Lab computer console?"
- "Aye, sir, as soon as Data determined the microbrain's method of operation."
- - Picard and Riker
As such... should we even have a page about the scientific method? -- Sulfur 15:17, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- I created it because somebody else added a note at the top of the episode page ("Scientific Method") that linked to it. Is that necessary? If not, then neither is this article, really. I have no objection to it being deleted. - TerranRich 16:37, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
Turns out that I missed a reference at the ~18minute mark where Dr. Crusher stated "Let's use the basic scientific method." Heh. Whoops. My bad. Thanks Tim. -- Sulfur 23:16, 24 September 2007 (UTC)