- MA files from this episode (5) • MA remastered files from this episode (30)
- Template:Titles/Phantasms yields Phantasms (TNG 7x06)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the TNG forum at The Trek BBS.
I added some images to this article since I had them on my computer. I think the page looks nicer with a few pictures. If the formatting bugs anyone, let me know and I will fix it. - Defunctzombie 03:44, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
Data sleeps ? Edit
I just saw this episode for the first time and was shocked to see Data sleeping. Not to mention him using his uniform in lieu of pyjamas.
Doesn't this clash with other well-documented facts about Data ? Are they not many episodes where we are told he does not/needs not sleep ? I smell inconsistency here.
Of course one can come up with some justification, e.g., say that since Data was doing some research on dreams at the time, he has to run a "program for sleep" in order to run his program for dreams. But the question of sleep/no sleep deserves at least a comment. What shocked me is that the episode itself provides no such comment/explanation and let me experience a strong feeling of inconsistency.
PhS 10:49, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
- It didn't need too. Data's dream subroutine had been written into his programming by Dr. Soong all along, with the intention that it activate at a certain point in Data's development. We see it get discovered by being accidentally activated early in "Birthright, Part I". --OuroborosCobra talk 11:06, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the info! But what about the pyjamas?PhS
Engineering Warp Core Edit
How come the "new warp core" is back to normal in the following episodes. I thought all they had to do at the end was replace a plasma conduit or something (one of those red pipes).
- I know it returns in an alternate reality in "Parallels", but I was sort of thinking the same thing. The most likely explanation I can think of is that the producers liked the old version better.– The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
Removed nitpick about Spot's gender Edit
- Data mentions that Spot is a male when he reminds Worf of certain requirements for Spot's care as it's established in TNG: "Force of Nature" that Spot's actually a female. Including the fact she gave birth to a litter of kittens in TNG: "Genesis"
--TribbleFurSuit 17:04, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers' music video "Don't Come Around Here No More" from 1985 portrayed a final scene with Lewis Carroll's Alice being eaten as a cake, much like Data's dream of eating Deanna Troi as a cake.
- Possibly goes on the tributes page? — Morder 08:29, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Could we get an image of Troi as a cake?- JustPhil 00:37, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
In the last scene, I think Data is holding the cake knife upside-down as he goes to cut into the cake Troi made. 184.108.40.206 22:37, November 4, 2009 (UTC)