Do we have ep refs for this? --Brad Rousse 04:00, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- It's all exclusively from the episode "A Private Little War"--Mark 2000 04:08, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- I don't want to change the Mongo reference, upon doing some research its a good addition to the article, I just had to change it to keep it out of Trek canon. Furthermore, I'm not sure I got the correct IMDB shortcut so that might need to be changed. Then again, I'm not sure it is part of M/A's policy to have that picture in our database...in part due to copyright issues, which by the way, the image requires if it is to be kept. --Gvsualan 07:04, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Dont know why the tense was changed to past. If this record is part of a 24th c library we have no basis that the maguto or the kah-ut-tu ritual do not still exist.
- Past tense is the standard per POV policy. We are omniscient here at Memory Alpha and take the long view. :) However, it is policy to speak of things such as "Spock was" versus "Spock is". I'll revise the article accordingly. Aholland 10:42, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
Is the Zoolander comment even needed? Mugatu was a man's name, not the incorrect spelling of the creature. The connection is irrelevant. - (Unsigned, IP User: 22.214.171.124)
- The writers have said somewhere (I believe) that it was a intentional reference to Star Trek and the mugato, so it's good background. Also, the fact that it's spelled "Mugatu" is in the Compendium as well as the movie, so it's not irrelevant, people may look it up based on that spelling. - AJ Halliwell 20:57, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
I should have stated this in the edit summary, but for the record, I reverted that last revert so the article remains in the correct tense (that being past tense), is devoid of speculation (stating the root withdrew the venom, for example), and due to incorrect spelling ("Villian"? You're kidding, right?). --From Andoria with Love 12:56, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
I adopted three cats from the wild in 1997. They were all fierce, aggresive and resisted domestication. The fiercest of the three I named Mugato after the mythical Star Trek creature. It took five years for him to domesticate. Today I had him put to sleep due to a kidney ailment. RIP Moogie. He is survived by his brother and litter mate Kahless. LF 5/14/07
This was added to this page and the White Rabbit page today:
- Paw prints of the Mugato appear remarkably similar to the paw prints of the White Rabbit.