Why couldn't Geordi tell that she was an android? Can't his VISOR figure that stuff out?--Megs 08:50, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Because she was specifically designed not to show up or be detectable as an android.
- RIKER: "Why does the scanner read her as a human?"
- BEVERLY: "There's a feedback processor that's designed to send out a false bio-signal."
- There you go. She also had tear ducts and capillaries below the skin. --OuroborosCobra talk 09:07, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Wow, thank you very much!--Megs 16:52, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- It is unclear how exactly Dr. Soong managed to get the explanation for why Juliana left him into the holographic program he implanted into her positronic brain, since Juliana presumably left him after the program was created. It is possible that he deactivated her after she decided to leave in order to implant information about her departure.
- Another possibility is that Dr. Soong created an active update algorithm that would constantly update the holographic data implant based on her experiences and memories subsequent to his installation of the implant.
or maybe he hunted her down and sent out a special signal to disable her then he reprogrammed her - seriously...nitpicking... — Morder 05:17, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
Identifying what she played Edit
Quick question. Does anyone know the name of the piece Data and Dr. Tainer perform together in Ten Forward?
--18.104.22.168 14:45, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Consulting the episode article, it apparently was Passacaglia for Violin and Viola. 31dot 15:08, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
Separate Page? Edit
Since the real Juliana Tainer and the android Juliana are two different entities, they should have two different pages. For example, there is a James T. Kirk (android) page, separate from the normal page. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
- I think I'm leaning no as well; we don't have separate pages for the Miles O'Brien from three hours in the future who continued the existence of his dead past self("Visionary") or for the Harry Kim and Naomi Wildman who both continued the lives of their dead duplicates("Deadlock"). 31dot (talk) 09:13, August 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Please sign your posts by clicking the Signature button. The purpose of the Kirk android was initially not to replace the real Kirk, nor did it succeed in doing so- otherwise there would probably only be one article. In this case, the android was created to assume the persona and memories of Juliana after she had died. The Kim and Naomi duplicates aren't different time counterparts, they were duplicates from the duplicated Voyager. 31dot (talk) 12:49, August 12, 2012 (UTC)
In the scene in sickbay where Data and Dr. Crusher are studying the bio data of Juliana Tainer the display graphic says "Tainer, Dr. Juliana F-67". Could this be Female - Age 67? Just a thought. Tom (talk) 15:40, September 7, 2012 (UTC)