Too early to warrant an article Edit
First of all, the movie's not out yet and we don't know for sure who the villain is. Second of all, there's speculation that "John Harrison" is a pseudonym. - Mitchz95 (talk) 03:19, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I've already started a PfD page. :) I thought Abrams said the villain was a character from canon- which would mean it is a pseudonym. 31dot (talk) 03:21, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- No it isn't. He's Harrison. Who was (thanks to his recurring background status in different departments, in highly specialized roles) a polymath, and therefore a prime candidate for being declared an augment.
- Top it off? 1970's fan materials gave the character a first name; John.
- Which also makes him a canon character, albeit an unbelievably obscure one. -220.127.116.11 07:07, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
It's been confirmed, he really is playing John Harrison, it was stated at a Bad Robot Party Trekmovie.com had an invite to. http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/10/alice-eve-character-7-more-star-trek-into-darkness-characterstory-details-revealed-at-bad-robot-visit/ --18.104.22.168 05:50, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Doesn't matter. This article is premature, as the film has not been released yet and per the spoiler policy we don't create in-universe articles until the film is officially released. -- sulfur (talk) 07:42, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- And Trekmovie.com claimed several months ago that Cumberbatch was Gary Mitchell and cited an unnamed source. Guess how that turned out?
- Doesn't the novelization come out soon? If his identity isn't confirmed by the time the book comes out, then use that.22.214.171.124 04:16, December 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Novelizations are not canon and sometimes differ from the episodes/films they are based on. 31dot (talk) 04:31, December 16, 2012 (UTC)
- And the use of this name could still be a big con job; we won't know until the film comes out. I'd have to wonder what made this obscure canon character so cuckoo in the alt reality. :) 31dot (talk) 04:32, December 16, 2012 (UTC)