Here's the exact dialogue from the episode, not copied from the script but a transcript from what was actually said by Data and Picard:
- PICARD: "Mmhm, by my "program" as well, Data."
- DATA: "But if that is so, Captain, why are their methods so often successful? - I have been reviewing the history of armed rebellion and it appears that terrorism is an effective way to promote political change."
- PICARD: "Yes, it can be, but I have never subscribed to the theory that political power flows from the barrel of a gun."
- PICARD: "Yes, I'm aware of them."
- DATA: "Then, would it be accurate to say that terrorism is acceptable when all options for peaceful settlement have been foreclosed?"
- PICARD: "Data, these are questions that mankind has been struggling with throughout history. Your confusion is - only Human."
--Jörg 23:35, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
BG note Edit
I added that the censuring of "The High Ground" was in the UK only, since I don't know of that being the case in the US. I'm unsure if it was also censured in Canada, or if it was censured in all of Europe instead of just the UK. Archduk3 05:12, December 19, 2010 (UTC)