Dominionese to Dominion language Edit
(see: Talk:Klingonese) Personally, I find the name "Dominionese" to be fairly stupid sounding. As an improvement, I think that this should be moved to Dominion language. That sounds more official and is still the same thing. Comments? -Platypus Man | Talk 01:14, 10 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- I agree, when Bashir said it sounded like he made it up off the top of his head, not that it was their real language. I'd suggest a redirect, none the less. - AJHalliwell 01:16, 10 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- Because the person who uploaded it misnamed it, or something. --OuroborosCobra talk 19:23, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
Where is the script taken from?
- Star Trek Minutiae. --OuroborosCobra talk 16:29, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- No, the image of the script, I mean.
I'd also like to know the answer to this... does anyone know where the image came from? Nicgarner 23:33, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
I removed the following for nitpicking:
- It is odd that Jack makes the distinction of "Passive Voice Transitive", as by definition, Intransitive verbs cannot form a Passive Voice.
I'm no grammarian, but this is an alien language we're talking about here. Perhaps the phrase "passive voice transitive" makes sense when applied to Dominionese, or terminology has changed over 400 years.– Cleanse 23:31, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- I added that four years ago. I think this needs to be revisited. It isn't trivial or nitpicking when the article is about the language itself. We have less info on Dominionese than we do the Ferengi language, so any statements are important. To use a hypothetical example, what if in an episode, the statement was made to "scan for baryons and protons?" Shouldn't we then include a note on here saying "Protons are a kind of Baryon?" Similarly, by definition, passive voice verbs can't take objects, that's what makes them "passive". Transitive verbs take objects, and thus use the active voice. Better yet, someone with contacts with professional linguists at the Klingon Language Institute double-check this. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).