(written from a Production point of view)
|Publication:||Star Trek Magazine|
|Issue:||128 (UK edition)|
#1 (US edition)
|Editor(s):||Brian J. Robb|
|Release date:||10 August 2006 (UK)|
22 August 2006 (US)
|Cover date:||September/October 2006|
Issue 128 (US issue #1) of Star Trek Magazine was the September/October 2006 issue. The first issue produced for North American distribution, the magazine saw a complete redesign from the ground up. Classic features were renamed, revamped or discarded - the book extract feature was revived, after being dropped with issue 69.
- Welcome Aboard!
- Brian J. Robb welcomes American readers.
- From this issue, the editorial page includes a strip from The Trek Life.
- Hailing Frequencies
- Renamed from "The Best of All Worlds".
- New Trek producers dismiss recasting rumours.
- Reaction from Star Trek cast and crew.
- Christie's announces 40 Years of Star Trek: The Collection auction.
- York Maze's Star Trek theme.
- Star Trek: The Animated Series to get DVD release.
- Diamond Select Toys reveals future releases.
- Star Trek: Legacy and Star Trek: Tactical Assault on course for release.
- Marco Palmieri provides an update on Pocket Books' future releases.
- The Scotty hometown debate continues.
- Paramount Parks sold.
- Ira Steven Behr talks about The 4400.
- Treknology: cloaking, data transfer in space, medical monitors, orbital fuel dumps.
- Deep Space Five
- Karen S. Hayes looks at the traits of the Star Trek captains.
- Includes William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, and Scott Bakula quotes and interview excerpts.
- Take the Captain's Test!: multiple choice test.
- 40 Reasons We Love Star Trek
- The staff look at reasons why Star Trek has such an enduring appeal.
- Interview - D.C. Fontana - "This Side of Paradise"
- by David Bassom.
- Double-sided, on one, the Original Series cast; on the other, the Enterprise cast.
- Additional pull-out, glossy poster featuring the cover art to Ships of the Line.
- Life (But Not As We Know It) Begins At Forty!
- A chronology of the development of Star Trek, covering the period 1966-1969.
- Column - Dave Rossi - "Boldly Bidding..."
- Rossi on the process of cataloguing and identifying the items to be sold at the Christie's 40 Years of Star Trek: The Collection auction.
- Book extract
- Pocket TOS: Crucible: Provenance of Shadows.
- Features an introduction by writer David R. George III.
- Renamed from "From the Replicator".
- Chris Dows talks about Tokyopop's forthcoming manga, "Shinsei Shinsei".
- Reviews: Warpath, Last Full Measure, Evolution, Fan Collective - Borg, Fan Collective - Time Travel.
- Release schedule for books and DVDs.
- Tower of Commerce
- A Fistful of Data
- hangar deck, missing scene from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, VOY: "Parallax" plot hole, TNG: "Realm of Fear" and transporter viewpoint.
- Lost and Found: Robert Picardo plays Jerry Lewis on the Voyager set.
- Larry Nemecek on surprises in store for the new Star Trek movie.
- Next Issue
|Issue 127||Star Trek Magazine|
Issue 128 - September/October 2006