(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek Catan is a three- or four-player board game set in the Original Series era. An adaptation of the publisher's renowned The Settlers of Catan, the game was created by designer Franz Vohwinkel, produced by Catan GmbH for Kosmos (Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH & Co.), and was released in February 2012.
- From the publisher's website
- On behalf of the Federation, you explore space with your starships and build outposts and starbases near valuable planets. There you extract important resources such as the coveted dilithium. But the Federation has also sent out other expeditions.
- Therefore, you have to be wary of competitors - and of the Klingons, who want to give the players a hard time. With the aid of Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock, however, keeping the opponents in check and outperforming competitors should be an easy task.
- 19 hexagonal "Sector Tiles"
- 6 Frame Pieces
- 60 Starships (15 each in 4 colors)
- 28 Outposts (7 each in 4 colors)
- 16 Starbase Expansions (4 Habitat Rings each in 4 colors)
- 1 Klingon ship
- 89 Stands for the Ships & Outposts
- 95 Resource Cards (19 each of Dilithium, Tritanium, Oxygen, Food & Water)
- 25 Development Cards (14 "Starfleet Intervenes", 6 Progress Cards & 5 "Victory Point" Cards)
- 10 Support Cards (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Chekov, Uhura, Scotty, Chapel, Rand, & Sarek)
- 4 "Building Costs" Cards
- 2 Special Cards ("Longest Supply Run" and "Largest Starfleet")
- 18 Number Tokens
- 2 Dice
- Rules Sheet