(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek Catan is a three- or four-player board game set in the Original Series era. An adaptation of the publisher's renowned The Settlers of Catan, the game was created by designer Klaus Teuber, produced by Catan GmbH for Kosmos (Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH & Co.), and was released in February 2012.
It was translated into English and released in August 2012 by Mayfair Games, the U.S. licensee for all of the Catan games. It was distributed principally through Target in the United States. An expansion map set was released in August 2013.
Star Trek Catan base gameEdit
- From the publisher's website
- On behalf of the Federation, you explore space with your starships and build outposts and starbases near valuable planets. There you extract important resources such as the coveted dilithium. But the Federation has also sent out other expeditions.
- Therefore, you have to be wary of competitors - and of the Klingons, who want to give the players a hard time. With the aid of Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock, however, keeping the opponents in check and outperforming competitors should be an easy task.
- 19 hexagonal "Sector Tiles"
- 6 Frame Pieces
- 60 Starships (15 each in 4 colors)
- 28 Outposts (7 each in 4 colors)
- 16 Starbase Expansions (4 Habitat Rings each in 4 colors)
- 1 Klingon ship
- 89 Stands for the Ships and Outposts
- 95 Resource Cards (19 each of Dilithium, Tritanium, Oxygen, Food, and Water)
- 25 Development Cards (14 "Starfleet Intervenes", 6 Progress Cards, and 5 "Victory Point" Cards)
- 10 Support Cards (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Chekov, Uhura, Scotty, Chapel, Rand, and Sarek)
- 4 "Building Costs" Cards
- 2 Special Cards ("Longest Supply Run" and "Largest Starfleet")
- 18 Number Tokens
- 2 Dice
- Rules Sheet
Mayfair Games released Star Trek Catan Federation Space in August 2013 as a map set expansion for the game, based on the "The Explored Galaxy" star chart.
- 2 new maps
- 4 individual scoring tracks (one for each player)
- 4 sets of scoring markers (two for each player)
- 18 additional Victory Point tokens
- An additional Almanac with one page of rules (including new ways to score Victory Points) and twenty pages of planet and episode descriptions