(written from a Production point of view)
|Publisher:||Simon and Schuster Audioworks|
|Run Time:|| Approx. 270 Minutes|
(on 4 CDs)
THREE CLASSIC STAR TREK ADVENTURES ON FOUR COMPACT DISCS
Featuring Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan and George Takei
HOSTED BY WILLIAM SHATNER
- From box cover
- Celebrate twenty-five years of legendary Star Trek entertainment by joining the U.S.S. Enterprise™ crew on a journey to the final frontier of audio adventure: compact disc!
- In his Star Trek audio debut, William Shatner introduces three bestselling Star Trek audio adventures and shares a look back on a quarter-century of Captain Kirk – including an exclusive chance to hear how some of the most famous words in television history might have sounded.
- To herald the beginning of the next 25 years of Star Trek, three of the most popular adventures ever recorded have been digitally remastered for CD sound – the perfect format for all their exciting drama, sound effects and original music.
- Enterprise: The First Adventure by Vonda N. McIntyre (read by Takei and Nimoy)
- Strangers from the Sky by Margaret Wander Bonanno (read by Takei and Nimoy)
- Final Frontier by Diane Carey (read by Doohan and Nimoy)
As mentioned above, these are the same audio adaptations that had previously been released on audio cassette, but remastered for the CD set.
This set was later re-released as Star Trek: Epics on Audio. The set seems to be identical, down to the Shatner intro mentioning it as the "25th Anniversary Audio Collection".