(written from a Production point of view)
The game played exactly the same as the original Monopoly game, but the elements of the game were all based on TNG:
- The pawns were small, pewter recreations of the main crewmembers from the USS Enterprise-D
- The "properties" were different aliens and races, from whom players purchase "alliances"
- The money was made to resemble different denominations of gold-pressed latinum
- The houses and hotels were replaced by starships (small white blocks, each with a relief of the Enterprise) and starbases (shaped similar to Earth's spacedock)
- The Chance and Community Chest cards were replaced with "Captain's Log" and "Starfleet Orders" cards, respectively
In addition, the game could also be played in conjunction with the other Trek Monopoly games USAopoly produced. However, this turned out to be just one other edition – the Star Trek Limited Edition Monopoly. (Planned editions based on Deep Space Nine and Voyager were mentioned in the rulebook, but never produced.) Though it is also Trek-related, neither of these two games are meant to be linked with the new Star Trek Continuum Edition Monopoly.