(written from a Production point of view)
Star Trek: Orion Rendezvous was a Star Trek planetarium show, produced as part of the Star Trek: Federation Science exhibition by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in 1992. The production work was done in cooperation with Paramount Studios, with the approval of Gene Roddenberry, and original design concepts sanctioned by Mike Okuda.
The audience takes the role of cadets assigned to the science vessel Antares, as an unstable wormhole near Neptune sends them to a number of real astronomical phenomena, including Betelgeuse, Castor (in Gemini) and the Crab and Orion nebulae.
The show later toured North America and Europe.
Cast and crewEdit
- LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge
- Laura Lundy as Katryana DiChario (captain of Antares)
- Jonathan Frakes as William T. Riker
- Majel Barrett as computer voice
- Mark Bourne - Creative Director, Writer (script and interpretive copy)
- George Palosh - Chief Modeler
- Brian Coloumbe - Chief Modeler