(written from a Production point of view)
|Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars|
|Publisher:||Simon and Schuster|
|Released:||12 June 2001|
|System Requirements:||Windows 95/98/ME/2000, Pentium II 266 MHz, 64 MB RAM, Minimum install 150 MB Hard drive space (full install 600 MB), 8 MB Direct 3D-compatible 3D accelerator card, Direct 3D-compatible sound card, 4X CD-ROM|
|Reference #:||ASIN B00004U8GM (US)|
ASIN B00005NIV3 (UK)
ASIN 9189392159 (Germany)
ASIN B000069Z4F (Germany "ORANZZSoft" re-release)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars is a strategy game released for Microsoft Windows in 2001.
- The Dominion War rages! Now you can take command of Federation, Klingon, Cardassian and Dominion fleets and get right into the battle. No base building, no resource gathering - just unprecedented access to all facets of space combat.
- In Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Dominion Wars, you'll command up to six ships simultaneously. Select from more than twenty different starship classes, including several original, never-before-seen ship designs. Choose a captain for each ship. Groom your captains as they move through progressive missions. Establish the crew for each mission - including engineering, security, and bridge personnel. Fully control each ship. Execute sensor sweeps and space scans, allocate power to shields and engines, identify threats, and deploy weapons. Transport crew members for boarding and conquering enemy ships.
- Join in multiplayer online gameplay for up to eight players. Play as any one of the four races in such scenarios as "Open Space Deathmatch", "Deathmatch with Asteroids", "Planets", "Nebulae", and "Starbase Attack/Defend". You can also import ships from Star Trek: Starship Creator Warp II, included in the box. Design Defiant-class, Galaxy-class, Akira-class, and Klingon B'rel class Birds of Prey, then fly them in multiplayer Dominion Wars battles.
The game was greeted with fairly good reviews, but its frequent lockups, crashes and frequently disappearing saved games were serious problems. Its incompatibility with older systems was also a flaw.
Federation/Klingon Alliance Campaign
Errands of Mercy
A Calculated Move
A Hero's Task
On Swift Wings
A Klingon ship must warn a planet of an imminent Dominion attack. The Orbital weapon platforms must be protected.
A Fatal Flaw
A Dominion ketracel-white facility must be destroyed, as must the orbital weapon platforms protecting it, the sensor grid and any enemy ships.
The time has come to take back Deep Space 9. All Dominion ships must be destroyed.
Forcing Our Hand
A Dominion shipyard must be destroyed, as well as its sensor array.
A Line in the Sand
The Final Thrust
The attack on Cardassia Prime has begun. All enemy ships must be destroyed. The troop transports must also be protected, to launch ground assaults.
Dominion/Cardassian Alliance Campaign
Rally the Wolves
The survivors of the Maquis must be wiped out.
Business of Betrayal
A Founder has been captured by the Klingons. Rescue him and take him across the Klingon border, where the Klingons will not follow.
The sensor arrays near DS9 must be destroyed, as well as the power generators of the minefield.
Eye of the Storm
A Federation/Klingon invasion force is hiding in an ion storm. All ships must be destroyed.
A new Federation prototype must be destroyed, as must the Galaxy-class starship protecting it.
The Dominion troop transports must reach AR-558.
A Dish Best Served Cold
Deep Space 9 must be destroyed, and Dukat must be killed.
The Time is Now
The Klingon and Romulan fleets must be destroyed. Worf and Gowron must die.
Fish in a Barrel
Starbase 234 and William Ross's starship must be destroyed.
All Good Things...
The people that can be selected to command the ships are all characters from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Breen; Cardassian; Cardassia Prime; Cardassian Union; Danube-class; Deep Space 9; Defiant-class; USS Defiant, Dominion; Dominion War; Earth; Founder; Jem'Hadar; Klingon Empire; Maquis; Miranda-class; IKS Negh'Var; Romulan Star Empire; Ross, William; Terok Nor; United Federation of Planets; USS Venture
United Federation of Planets
- Achilles class - Used by Starfleet during the Dominion Wars, it was designed to be a cheaper replacement for the larger starships which were the only ones that could push deep into enemy space, and get out at speed after completing their missions. This ship was designed with the most advanced anti-Borg systems.
- Jem'Hadar attack ship
- Jem'Hadar strike cruiser
- Jem'Hadar battle cruiser
- Jem'Hadar battleship
- Jem'Hadar super carrier
- James K. Bennet
- Erika Benteen
- Jadzia Dax
- Kira Nerys
- Alynna Nechayev
- Charlie Reynolds
- Thomas Riker
- William Ross
- Benjamin Sisko
Dominion Wars is known to not work on certain video cards. The following Video cards are confirmed compatible:
- nVidia: TNT2 M64, GeForce2 ~ GeForce FX 5900(with old drivers)
- ATI: Radeon 9200 ~ HD3650
- SiS 630 Integrated graphics
The following video cards are confirmed NOT working with Dominion Wars:
- Intel integrated Graphics chipsets
- VIA Chrome9 HC IGP
- nVidia GeForce 6100 and any newer series
If you have a v1.04 disc, which can be identified by game files dated 2001/9/7, you don't need any patch. There are different version of DW that require different patches:
- US version 1.01: need US 1.01-1.04 patch
- Europe version 1.03: need Europe 1.03-1.04 patch
- German version 1.03: need German 1.03-1.04 patch
Do not download or use the v1.05 patch which will break the game. After patched, set compatibility mode to Windows98/Me if you are using Windows XP.
- DW requires at least one CD/DVD drive. If you have a laptop, use daemon-tools or alcohol 52% to emulate a virtual CD drive. You can use no-cd exe, but a CD/DVD drive is still necessary.
- DW doesn't like multiple video cards or monitors, even if you have only one monitor or video card connected, but with two or more in device manager. Check your device manager and remove or delete unusedmonitors.
- DW in some cases has been known may not run on Vista or Windows7. In cases where it runs, graphical issues may present.
- Official website
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Dominion Wars at Wikipedia
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars at Trekcore.com
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars at the Internet Movie Database