(written from a Production point of view)
|Author(s):||David R. George III|
|Published:||Originally scheduled for 5 May 2009|
|Reference(s):||ISBN 1439102481 (hardcover)|
ISBN 1439123446 (eBook)
Star Trek: Crucible was an announced hardback omnibus of the Crucible novels, written by David R. George III. Originally scheduled for release in May 2009, it would have contained new content from George created specifically for the omnibus. The title was announced at the Shore Leave convention on 11 July 2008, but it was announced on 31 December 2008 that the project had been canceled. George noted that he had completed the additional material for the release before its cancellation, and revealed the contents of the book. On whether the additional material would be released at some future date, George said only "there are always... possibilities...". He estimated that the total word count of the omnibus was around 500,000. 
Planned contents Edit
- Preface - "Talismans and Spells"
- Short story - "The Potentials of Emptiness"
- Provenance of Shadows
- Short story - "The Delicate Currents of the Past"
- The Fire and the Rose
- Short story - "The Weight of Too Few Years"
- The Star to Every Wandering
- Short story - "Into the Void"
- Short story - "Confluence, Enduring"