(written from a Production point of view)
|Published:||June 1999 - August 1999|
|Timespan:||2279 - 2282|
Exploring the final frontier is one thing. Making a home there is another.
Star Trek: New Earth (continued as Star Trek: Challenger) is a series of novels published by Pocket Books in the United States of America, running for six books as part of a subseries (#89-94) in the Pocket TOS line.
It depicted the events of a second five-year mission taking place between the events of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Some major events shown are the switch to the newer Starfleet uniform design of the later movie, and James T. Kirk's reluctance to accept a position at the admiralty rather than as a starship captain.
- Rear Admiral James T. Kirk
- Commander Spock
- Doctor Leonard McCoy
- Commander Montgomery Scott
- Lieutenant Commander Hikaru Sulu
- Lieutenant Pavel Chekov
- Lieutenant Commander Uhura
- Commander Nick Keller
- Based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Concept by Diane Carey and John J. Ordover
- TOS #89: Wagon Train to the Stars
- TOS #90: Belle Terre
- TOS #91: Rough Trails
- TOS #92: The Flaming Arrow
- TOS #93: Thin Air
- TOS #94: Challenger