(written from a Production point of view)
|Star Trek: Away Team|
|Released:||19 March 2001|
|Reference #:||ASIN B000035Y9O|
Star Trek: Away Team is a strategy game published by Activision in 2001. It chronicles the missions of the crew of the USS Incursion, an experimental Starfleet commando ship equipped with holographic masking technology, allowing it to impersonate any vessel. The crew of specially trained commandos must face a threat to galactic peace from a far-reaching conspiracy known as the "Wardens."
Star Trek: Away Team plays from a top-down isometric view identical to that of games such as Diablo and Baldur's Gate. Prior to each mission the player must choose an away team from a roster of crew members. Each branch is represented - Command, Operations, and Sciences - by several members to choose from, each with different strengths and weaknesses. The major races are represented – Human, Klingon, Vulcan, etc. – by the member you pick and some offer racial bonuses or abilities.
In addition to the away team members, the player must also choose which equipment is carried by each member. This team selection system is similar that of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six games.
The overall plot is advanced during away team missions, and the objectives of each mission often change during the mission due to circumstances of the plot. In between missions the story is advanced with rendered cut scenes.
- The prototype ship used by the away team is similar in form and function to the Defiant-class vessels seen on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- This game marked the introduction of the unique holo-cloaking technology.
- The USS Incursion is a controllable vessel in the final mission of the Borg campaign in Star Trek: Armada II.
- In the Romulan campaign of Star Trek: Starfleet Command III, the Romulans steal the holo-cloaking technology from the Federation and use it against them.
- Brent Spiner as Commander Data
- Iris Bahr as Lieutenant Sirta Du'Qua
- Jerome Butler as Captain Marcus Refellian, Klingon Guard, Klingon Scientist
- June Chadwick as Dr. Sheila Thatcher
- Michael Dorn as Ambassador Worf
- Alexander Enberg as a Vulcan Acolyte, Romulan Commander, Vulcan Guard
- Renee Goldsberry as Matrina Sedik
- David Graf as Ensign Ty Mijoral
- Carolyn Hennessy as Ensign Aloram Vas
- Ravil Issyanov as Ivan Verov
- Scott Lawrence as Slovaak
- Beverly Leech as Ensign Yraxys
- Tim Lounibos as Vin Asunder
- Henri Lubatti as Kolanis Mikala
- Matt Prescott Morton as Wes Pulaski, Captain Jurai
- Devon Raymond as Brexen Ijoula
- Kim Rhodes as Lieutenant Yulana Oxila
- Joseph Ruskin as Admiral Nolotai, Vulcan Master N'Kal
- Lise Simms as Lieutenant Commander T'Andorla
- Jimmie F. Skaggs as Quint Freedman, Romulan Guard
- Eric Strickland as Sinjin Kirk, Federation Guard