(written from a Production point of view)
|Artist(s):||Marc Silvestri & studio|
A crossover between Marvel's X-Men superhero team and the original Star Trek crew.
The insane, reality-altering Mutant called Proteus has found a kindred spirit in a nearby universe— Gary Mitchell. The two power-mad beings are drawing their two realities together; and the X-Men, the Shi'Ar Empire and the crew of the Enterprise must try to stop them— or both universes will be destroyed.
"Did he just... punch my ship?"
- - Kirk, after the Enterprise was indeed punched by the Shi'ar Gladiator
- - Bones & Beast (Hank McCoy) reply simultaneously to Nurse Chapel, then do a double-take at each other
"Mutant? As in the old Earth term 'Homo Sapiens Superior'?"
- - Spock
[Together] "Friend of yours?"
- - Kirk and Cyclops respond simultaneously to the combined threat
- The story itself, titled "Star TreX", is 40 pages long, and is followed by several pinups and previews for a number of upcoming titles from Marvel Comics, including:
- The pinup gallery contained:
- "A Star Trek/X-Men Extravaganza" drawn by Terry Dodson & Rachel Pinnock
- "Space Odyssey: For once, a speechless Spock" drawn by Mike Deodato, Jr.
- "Trek Classic" drawn by Steve Epting
- "A Scene we've all wanted to see" (Spock and Beast) drawn by Gary Frank & Cam Smith
- "Mighty Warriors" (Kirk and Spock fighting a Klingon) drawn by Joe Bennet
- "The Dream Team" drawn by Pascal Ferry & John Dell
- "Classic Trek" drawn by Val Semeiks & John Dell
- The Beast accidentally identifies Enterprise as a Constellation-class starship. It is actually Constitution-class.
- This issue was followed up by another comic, "Star Trek/X-Men II" and a novel Star Trek/X-Men: Planet X.
- The story has the Enterprise revisit Delta Vega, the planet where Elizabeth Dehner and Gary Mitchell died in TOS: "Where No Man Has Gone Before".
- In the comic "Retrospect" Scotty owns a book with this title.
- Writer: Scott Lobdell
- Marc Silvestri (pencil art - pgs 1-21; cover pencil art)
- Billy Tan (pencil art - pgs 22-25, 27-37; inking - pgs 9, 14, 20, 23, 24)
- Anthony Winn (pencil art - pgs 38-40)
- David Finch (pencil art - pg 26)
- Brian Ching (background assists - pgs 1-21)
- Batt (inking - pgs 1-8, 10-13, 15-19, 21; cover inking)
- D-Tron (inking - pgs 22, 25, 27-37)
- Aaron Sowd (inking - pgs 38-40)
- Joe Weems V (inking - pg 26)
- Victor Llamas, Team Tron, Jose Guillen, Viet Troung, Mike Manczarek (ink assists)
- Tyson Wengler, Steve Firchow, Jonathan D. Smith, Richard Isanove (color art)
- Dennis Heisler (letter art)
The Beast; Bishop; Cyclops; Elizabeth Dehner; Delta Vega; USS Enterprise; Gambit; Gladiator; Jean Grey; Remy LeBeau; Logan; Hank McCoy; Gary Mitchell; Ororo Munroe; Lilandra Neramani; Phoenix; Proteus; psionic energy; Shi'ar Empire; Storm; Scott Summers; Wolverine; X-Men.
|TNG:||"Second Contact" • Planet X|
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|First issue in series||Marvel one-shots||"Fragile Glass"|