(written from a Production point of view)
|Series:||DC TNG volume 1 #2|
Six-issue mini-series based on the hot new TV show.
- "Captain's log: Stardate 42120.3. The USS Enterprise-D and crew are en route from Syntagus Theluv to federation Starbase 33 for standard debriefing and maintenance. We had hoped to be there before the holidays were upon us... but you might say that fate's lights have been against us most of the way."
During a Christmas celebration, the Enterprise encountered an alien race called the Creeg, and invited them to participate in the festivities. Once aboard the ship, however, the Creeg attacked the crew and chased after an energy being they had been pursuing. The aliens had a change of heart when the spirit, which resembled Santa Claus, gave everyone it touched feelings of joy and good cheer.
Background information Edit
- The stardate of this story sets it early in the second season, but a timeline published by DC Comics, changes the stardate of the story to 41190.3 so as to account for the appearance of Beverly Crusher, Natasha Yar, and William T. Riker without a beard. This story is set between "Encounter at Farpoint" and "The Naked Now".
- Many cultures celebrate holidays during the Christmas season, such as Chanukah, Rethlume, the coming of the Klingon gods, and others. The Marciak are shown to be having a large gathering, and the bridge crew also stumbles across a Trempolian Triakk party in their pursuit of the Creeg and the energy being.
- Two pages from this comic were published in The Official Star Trek: The Next Generation Magazine Vol. 3, p. 49.
- Based on Star Trek: The Next Generation created by Gene Roddenberry
- Writer: Michael Carlin
- Editor: Robert Greenberger
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TNG volume 1 characters.
Regular and recurring charactersEdit
- Jean-Luc Picard
- USS Enterprise-D captain.
- William T. Riker
- Enterprise-D exec.
- Beverly Crusher
- Enterprise-D surgeon.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#1: "... Where No One Has Gone Before!"||DC TNG volume 1||#3: "Q Factor"|