A seed is the ripened ovule of a plant. A seed contains the embryo from which a new plant will grow under proper conditions. Seeds also usually contain a supply of stored food and is wrapped in the seed coat. Many seeds are edible, either whole or as the basis of beverages.
Types of seed Edit
- Muscan seeds are used in a type of Haliian punch. (TNG: "Aquiel")
- Rulot seeds, of Cardassian origin, are an important agricultural product. (DS9: "The Homecoming")
- Mustard seeds, of Earth origin, are commonly used in the cooking of food. (ENT: "Rajiin")
- Coffee seeds are used by Humans, Klingons and Vulcans alike to produce a stimulating beverage.
- Cocoa beans are seeds of the cacao tree used to make chocolate. Forms of chocolate are found on many different planets (such as Risa), indicating that cocoa beans may not be native to Earth. (TNG: "The Mind's Eye")
- An unnamed seed from the Delta Quadrant was used to make the "even better than coffee" substitute beverage. (VOY: "The Cloud")