(written from a Production point of view)
|Writer(s):||Dan Abnett & Ian Edginton|
|Artist(s):||Cary Nord & Scott Koblish|
|Stardate:||50893.5 (5 April 2063)|
A crossover between Marvel's X-Men superhero team and the Next Generation Star Trek crew.
Following the events of the film Star Trek: First Contact, the Enterprise, while returning to the 24th century, is diverted to the 20th century of a parallel universe by a powerful time traveler called Kang the Conqueror. There, they encounter the super-powered mutants named the X-Men, and assist them in fighting Kang's plan to remake the timelines of every known universe. If these two groups of heroes fail – history itself will change forever!
- The novel Planet X by Michael Jan Friedman is a direct sequel to this comic. The idea to "continue" the story in that manner came from Paramount and Pocket Books, though editor Tim Tuohy tried to make the comic as self-contained as possible. 
- The first Star Trek - X-Men crossover is referenced, and takes place within the same continuity.
- The Star Trek characters make reference to Marvel alien technology, suggesting that the Marvel aliens exist in the Star Trek universe.
- The story sees the two groups having to solve paradoxes related to the Battle of Wolf 359 and the "Days of Future Past" X-Men storyline.
- Editor Tim Tuohy chose which X-Men characters would appear in the comic. He was given the assignment with a short lead time, so took more of a lead in the creation of the story with the writers Dan Abnett and Ian Edginton to cut down on time that might be lost to rewrites. 
- Cary Nord's art was praised by Patrick Stewart, with the comment, "He can draw me anytime." 
- Cover Art:
- Special thanks to Dave Rossi
|TNG:||"Second Contact" • Planet X|
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|"Operation Assimilation"||Marvel one-shots||"The Enemy of My Enemy"|