(written from a Production point of view)
Russell Bobbitt is a property master for film and television who worked on 2009's Star Trek. He is the brother of Star Trek's leadman, Scott Bobbitt. The brothers previously worked together on the 2005 comedy film Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Dangerous, starring Diedrich Bader, Enrique Murciano, and William Shatner.
Russell Bobbitt began working as a property master on films in the 1980s, with some of his early credits including Invaders from Mars (starring Louise Fletcher and Eric Pierpoint), Gross Anatomy (featuring Gordon Clapp, Steven Culp, Clyde Kusatsu, Kay E. Kuter, and J. Patrick McNamara), and Hider in the House (starring Michael McKean). During the 1990s, he was in charge of props for such films as:
- Navy Seals (featuring Cyril O'Reilly and Titus Welliver)
- Guilty by Suspicion (featuring Roxann Dawson, Robin Gammell, and Stephen Root)
- Newsies (featuring Marc Lawrence, Frank Novak, and Kevin Tighe)
- Bram Stoker's Dracula (starring Winona Ryder and Jay Robinson)
- The Distringuished Gentlemen (featuring Noble Willingham)
- Hocus Pocus (featuring Michael McGrady and Charles Rocket)
- Bad Girls (featuring Jim Beaver)
- Outbreak (featuring Tim Ransom and Maury Sterling)
- Sgt. Bilko (featuring Clifton Collins, Jr. and Richard Herd)
- Jingle All the Way (featuring Daniel Riordan), and
- Never Been Kissed (featuring Martha Hackett, Sean Whalen, and Cress Williams).
Bobbitt was also the property master on both of the Flintstones films, 1994's The Flintstones and 2000's The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (the latter starring Joan Collins and featuring John Cho). His more recent credits include: Charlie's Angels (2000) and its sequel, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003); the 2001 remake of Planet of the Apes (featuring Erick Avari, Freda Foh Shen, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, and David Warner), and the Paramount Pictures releases The Sum of All Fears (starring James Cromwell, Ken Jenkins, and Bruce McGill) and Iron Man (featuring Tom Morello, Bill Smitrovich, and Faran Tahir).
Bobbitt has made on-screen appearances in several of the films referenced above, including Guilty by Suspicion, Never Been Kissed, and The Sum of All Fears. In the 1991 comedy film What About Bob?, Bobbitt played as a crew member on Good Morning America while Reg E. Cathey played the show's director. Bobbitt was also the property master on this film.