(written from a Production point of view)
|Writer(s):||Mike W. Barr|
|Artist(s):||Tom Sutton and Ricardo Villagran|
|Series:||DC TOS volume 1 #9|
New Frontiers (Part 1 of 8)
After visiting with Spock, Sarek and Amanda, Kirk and his colleagues depart Vulcan aboard the Klingon Bird-of-Prey and travel to space station Regula I. On Earth, Starfleet admiral Turner orders Captain Styles to take the Excelsior and retrieve Kirk and the Bird of Prey. On Regula I, Carol Marcus angrily confronts Kirk over the death of their son, David Marcus. The crew ponders their future then attends a memorial service for David in the Genesis cave inside the Regula planetoid. Meanwhile, in the mirror universe, the ISS Enterprise obtains vital data from Carol Marcus on Regula I. Carol accuses Captain Kirk of killing their son just before Kirk orders Regula I destroyed. The Empire is preparing to conquer another universe...
- This story was reprinted in the paperback The Mirror Universe Saga.
- Takes place between the events of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
- Throughout this story arc (and many subsequent DC issues), Saavik is drawn in the likeness of Kirstie Alley.
- Story continues in the next issue.
- Based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Writer : Mike W. Barr
- Editor: Marv Wolfman
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TOS volume 1 characters.
Regular and recurring charactersEdit
- James T. Kirk
- Leonard McCoy
- Montgomery Scott
- Hikaru Sulu
- Pavel Chekov
- Carol Marcus
- Stephen Turner
- Starfleet Grand Admiral.
- James T. Kirk (mirror)
- Montgomery Scott (mirror)
- Hikaru Sulu (mirror)
- Pavel Chekov (mirror)
- Saavik (mirror)
- Mirror universe counterpart of Saavik.
- Mirror universe Regula I scientists
- The entire station populace died in the ISS Enterprise attack.
- ISS Enterprise navigator
- Lieutenant junior grade. Appears to be the mirror universe counterpart of Elizabeth Sherwood.
- Carol Marcus (mirror)
- Mirror universe counterpart of Carol Marcus. Dies in this issue.
- HMS Bounty
- Kirk's bird-of-prey.
- ISS Enterprise
- Empire starship.
- Regula I (mirror)
- Terran space station.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#8: "Blood Fever"||DC TOS volume 1||#10: "Double Image"|