The President of the United States was the head of state and chief executive officer of the government of the United States of America. The President led the nation-state by proposing and executing policy, and was also the Commander-in-Chief of the United States armed forces. The President resided in the White House. (DS9: "Little Green Men"; ENT: "Storm Front, Part II")
US Presidents Edit
- George Washington: 1st President
- Thomas Jefferson: 3rd President 
- Andrew Jackson: 7th President
- Abraham Lincoln: 16th President
- Ulysses S. Grant: 18th President 
- Theodore Roosevelt: 26th President
- Woodrow Wilson: 28th President
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: 32nd President
- Harry S. Truman: 33rd President
- Dwight D. Eisenhower: 34th President
- John F. Kennedy: 35th President
- Lyndon B. Johnson: 36th President
- Richard M. Nixon: 37th President
- Jimmy Carter: 39th President
- Ronald Reagan: 40th President
- George H. W. Bush: 41st President
- William J. Clinton: 42nd President
- George W. Bush: 43rd President
- ↑ Individual was referred to while serving in a capacity other than President (a quote from one of his writings appears on a dedication plaque).
- ↑ Individual was referred to while serving in a capacity other than President (his previous service as a general in the Civil War).
Although the aired version of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier seems to imply that Sulu and Chekov are in Yosemite National Park with Captain Kirk and the others, a deleted part of that scene actually establishes that they are exploring Mt. Rushmore, which has by the 23rd century had the head of an African-American woman President added. The scene was never made a part of any cut of the film, though, so the addition to Mt. Rushmore is non-canon.
Some Star Trek books list that the United States still exists as a political subdivision of United Earth as late as the late 24th century, and is still led by a President.