(written from a Production point of view)
|Author(s):||David R. George III|
|Series:||Star Trek: Typhon Pact|
|Published:||29 May 2012|
|Reference(s):||ISBN 145164955X (paperback)|
ISBN 1451649576 (eBook)
ASIN B005PSL5C4 (Kindle)
Official Pocket documentation - including the author's contract and sales catalog entries - carried a placeholder title of At the Prophet's Door, and listed it as a Pocket TNG novel, later under the umbrella title Chain of Destiny; however, George confirmed that these were internal designations for the purpose of labeling, and not indicative of the final novel.  
- Solicitation blurb
- The first novel in a two-part Typhon Pact adventure set in the universe of Star Trek: The Next Generation!
- In the wake of the final Borg invasion, which destroyed entire worlds, cost the lives of sixty-three billion people, and struck a crippling blow to Starfleet, six nations adversarial to the United Federation of Planets – the Romulan Star Empire, the Breen Confederacy, the Tholian Assembly, the Gorn Hegemony, the Tzenkethi Coalition, and the Holy Order of the Kinshaya – joined ranks to form the Typhon Pact.
- For almost three years, the Federation and the Klingon Empire, allied under the Khitomer Accords, have contended with the nascent coalition on a predominantly cold-war footing. But as Starfleet rebuilds itself, factions within the Typhon Pact grow restive, concerned about their own inability to develop a quantum slipstream drive to match that of the Federation. Will leaders such as UFP President Bacco and RSE Praetor Kamemor bring about a lasting peace across the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, or will the cold war between the two alliances deepen, and perhaps even lead to an all-out shooting war?
- Benjamin Sisko
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Kira Nerys
- Ro Laren
- Julian Bashir
- Kasidy Yates
- Sarina Douglas
- Alynna Nechayev
- A preliminary cover was released in December 2011 and featured Deep Space 9, the USS Defiant, a Danube-class runabout, and another starship entering or leaving the Bajoran wormhole. The author confirmed that the Galaxy-class starship is the USS Robinson (NCC-71842), which Benjamin Sisko assumed command of in Rough Beasts of Empire. 
- This book takes place after Zero Sum Game and Paths of Disharmony. It also takes place during and after Indistinguishable from Magic.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|The Struggle Within||Star Trek: Typhon Pact||Raise the Dawn|
|Rough Beasts of Empire||Pocket DS9|